Question: I saw a cheater/modder/exploiter in GTA Online! How can I report this to Rockstar Games?
Answer: To keep the game play environment as fair as possible, we routinely do sweeps to separate cheaters from legitimate players. In addition to in-game automated detection, we also manually-review evidence submitted by the GTA Online community.
If you see anyone in Grand Theft Auto Online using cheats, mods, or doing anything else suspicious, you can report them in several ways:
1. Report player using in-game menu.
- Pause, and select the “Online” tab
- Scroll down, and select the “Player” tab
- Select the player you wish to report
- Select the “Report Player” option
- Choose option that best represents type of cheating being reported
2. Send us an email at GTAOnlineBanhammer@rockstargames.com and include the following:
- Platform (PS3 or Xbox 360)
- Cheater’s Gamertag / PSN ID
- Description of the violation
- Approximate time/date of the violation
- If possible, please include concrete evidence, such as a video or a screenshot
Any evidence submitted must show the player’s Gamertag or PSN ID and a clearly-visible offense. Taking a screenshot or video often involves using an external device (such as a smartphone or screen capture card) to record what is shown on your screen.
The picture or video evidence can then be uploaded and attached to your email. Videos posted on YouTube are also acceptable as long as video link is included in correspondence.
We greatly appreciate the vigilance of our community in helping to keep GTA Online fair for all.