Question: What languages does Grand Theft Auto V support? Are these languages included in all versions or does language support vary depending on the region of the game?
Answer: Grand Theft Auto V's language support depends on the platform and the region.
PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4:
This language breakdown applies to disc-based and digital download versions.
- North America, Asia (Except Japan) – English, French, Brazilian Portuguese*, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
- Europe, Middle East, Russia – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese*, Polish
- Japan – Japanese and English
Xbox 360 and Xbox One:
- Worldwide (Except for Japan) – English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese*, Polish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish
- Japan** – Japanese and English
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Latin American Spanish, Korean
*May require setting the console to Brazilian Portuguese (not just Portuguese)
**Due to incompatibilities between the Japanese and international versions, players of the Japanese version of GTA Online will be grouped together with other Japanese players only. While we are exploring possible solutions to the issue, at this moment in time we cannot provide a schedule for this, nor confirm whether it will eventually be possible.
Note: Brazilian and CIS (including Russian) versions of GTAV PC are region-locked. For more information, please see this article on GTAV region restrictions.