Question: Every time I try to run Max Payne 3 on PC it freezes while saying "Initializing." After the patch on the last week of June, 2012, now I get an error saying "Social Club UI Failed to Initialize." What can I do to make it initialize?
Answer: We are looking into this issue now and hope to have more information soon. The most common cause is incorrect installation of Social Club, and this can usually be resolved by repairing Social Club.
If you are receiving this error, we recommend uninstalling Social Club and then reinstalling it manually from the link:
Be sure "Max Payne 3.exe" is not running in the background. Open Task Manager and right-click "MaxPayne3.exe" ->"Kill process".
Be sure you have administrator rights on your computer! Hint: To run a file as admin, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator."
If you are still experiencing the same problem, please try the following.
- Uninstall the Social Club application completely and then re-install from "Social Club vX.X.X.X Setup.exe" with administrative rights
- Verifying Steam Cache if you have the Steam version
- Running as Admin
- Verifying that required software prerequisites are installed (http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/21516788-net-c-directx-nothing-happening-after-pressing-launch-in-max-payne-3-for-pc)
- If you are stuck loading, auto-signin may have failed. Press the Home key and see if you can log in manually.
- Temporarily disabling antivirus/security, then uninstalling if that doesn't work just to test (we recommend using a different antivirus such as Microsoft Security Essentials during the tests to make sure you are safe)
- Reinstalling Social Club from Redistributables\RGSC\Social Club Setup.exe or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\max payne 3\MP3_Installers
- Try temporarily installing an earlier version of Social Club, such as 22.214.171.124, from the MP3_Installers folder. Once an older version is installed, then re-install the latest version with the highest number.
- Making sure that Social Club is in the correct location: Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club, or on 32-bit systems Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club
If the error is still occurring, please log in to the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page. As soon as there is more information, we will update this article and you will receive an automatic email.